Our Loan Benefits
We have no hidden fees, admin costs, set up costs, balloon payments, close out fees or penalties of any kind
Our interest rates are fair and reasonable compared to others in the market
Free life cover on your loan (subject to terms & conditions)
You can pay off your loan early without a penalty
Loan interest is calculated on a daily basis, you will pay a little bit less interest with each repayment
Repayments are flexible, you can repay as you are paid, weekly, fortnightly or monthly
- A 'Within Shares' loan is at or below your shares and is fully secured by your shares. You are simply leveraging your savings to access lower cost credit. You will not have access to your shares while they are used as collateral for this loan. As you pay the loan you can access shares above the loan.
- If you make no withdrawals, you will still have your hard-earned savings when the loan has been repaid. You can even increase them by saving a little more with each loan repayment.
- Quick turnaround times, easy applications and a team of professional local staff to make the whole process as seamless as possible.
- Our loan terms can be from a few months, out to 5 years. This will help to spread the cost of your large project, and make it more affordable.
- Our loans include, at no extra cost to you, Loan Protection insurance (subject to T&Cs). This will give you peace of mind that your loved ones will be protected should the worst happen.
- Our loans are insured (subject to T&Cs), until our members are 90 years old. You just need to show that you can afford the repayment.
- You can pay extra off your loan when you have it to save money on interest, with no penalty.
- As a this is a loan, it is still reportable to the Central Credit Register. This means that you should repay this loan as agreed and not skip payments or stop paying as this will impact on your credit rating, even if the loan is fully covered by your shares.
Maximum Loan Term :
This calculator is for illustrative purposes only, to give you, the borrower, an overview of the potential cost of borrowing. The Credit Union, or any of its staff, cannot be held responsible for any errors. Please note that this calculator only provides an indicative quote and actual repayments may vary.
Within Shares Loan
Rate of Interest - APR
Total Cost of Credit
Not a Member?
Joining the Credit Union is the best decision you could take for your money. Lucan District Credit Union currently has over 16,500 active members and is growing. New members are always welcome.